Thursday 20 August 2015

SIX CLAIMS THE SUM OF N2.522M FROM INVESTMENT


SIX  CLAIMS THE  SUM OF N 2.522M FROM AIMS ASSET MANAGEMENT LIMITED
“They  will just collect money from you and ask you to go home and sleep that the money will yield interest”

This  statement , was made by Silas Chukwuma Ugwumba  of God Dey  Graphics supply Ltd before the Chief Magistrate Mrs E .Kubeinje of an ogba chief magistrate court Ikeja, Ikeja.

Silas Chukwuma ugumba claims that he had invested the sum of N1m into a company, Aims Asset Management Limited for him, his wife and four children hoping to get an  interest of N1.522M after the period of five years.

However, the solicitor for the claimant A.K Sanni urged the court to  place an order that the invested amount should be refunded even if it is not in the jurisprudence of the court to collect the  the interest.

The Magistrate refused to place an order since the solicitor did not give further details on how the contract between the claimant and the defendant emanated.

Therefore the solicitor said that since an affidavit had been sworn and an evidence of the investment is made available that the court should place an order since  the defendant did not show any concern to defend the allegation.

The magistrate further asked the claimant how the investment came about; he said that he was told by the managers of the aims management company to invest in the company that a after a period of years the money would yield interest while he goes home to sleep. He further more said that he was not aware of the kind of investment the company does and that he had invested the sum of N1m

“ I asked the managers  how many years is the investment he told me that there is the one for five years and ten years so I did the one of five years for me and my family , after the period of five years I called the managers and  they said that they no longer work there so I went to the company  myself and they told me that the money had reduced to N1.5m, so i said instead of the 1.5m give me the amount I invested but I have not seen  and it was made since 2008.”

The magistrate therefore adjourned the case to 3 Septembers 2015 for mentioning since he has to look deeply into the matter.


No comments :

|| Proudly developed by Sisieko For FameBiz || © Copyright 2014. Powered by FameBiz ||